I don’t normally do this kind of thing- I likely never will again- but Internet, I need your help.
On May 4, I will be running in this 9K race: the Red Sox Runto Home Base. It supports the Home Base Foundation, which raises money for veterans with traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder. It also supports the development of new treatments for TBI and PTSD and works to lessen the stigma of seeking treatment for these conditions. You can find out more about the Home Base Foundation here:
This is a great cause that I hope you will consider supporting. Consider this:
- An estimated 30% of veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan suffer from TBI and/or PTSD.
- In New England alone, it affects an estimated 50,000 veterans.
- Less than 50% of veterans seek care for these conditions, often due to the aforementioned stigma.
- A number of treatments have been proven to be very effective at treating TBI and/or PTSD.
- Lack of treatment is disruptive to the lives of both veterans and their families.
- The majority of homeless veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars have PTSD.
This is an organization that’s doing a lot of great things to help veterans and their families, and I think we can all agree that no one should have to suffer from the pain of TBI and PTSD.
I must raise $1,000 by 5 PM on April 29, 2013.
As of today, April 15, I’ve raised $120.
Please help me make this goal! You don’t need to be a veteran, or be related to a veteran, or know a veteran, or know me, for that matter. Every little bit counts, and every little bit is going to help relieve someone’s suffering.
Thank you in advance, from the bottom of my heart.